The message of pain is all about healing.
Physical and emotional pains are signals our body sends out to inform us that our attention is needed.
We often choose to reach for a quick fix pain medication to eradicate physical and emotional pain.
Prescription and over the counter pharmaceutical sales and usage of pain medications are increasing each year. Conventional pain medications like acetaminophen (Tylenol), non-steroidal (NSAIDs) (aspirin, ibuprofen), and antidepressants (SSRI’s) are designed to numb or suppress the pain, rather than cure. Not only do these types of medications come with a long list of potentially dangerous side effects, they numb the pain without really addressing the underlying reason for why the pain present itself in the first place.
When the red warning light on the dashboard of your car lights up, it does so to indicate either a potentially serious problem or safety issue, which needs your immediate attention. A red light might also serve as a reminder to the driver about service maintenance.
You would probably not remove the bulb to prevent the red light from lighting up, and keep driving? Out of sight, out of mind! If our pain is not felt, it does not mean the deeper issue causing the pain has gone away. The lightbulb has simply been removed, and we keep driving…until more symptoms develop, or the whole system brakes down.
If we override the messages instead of respond to them, we risk worsening our condition. In addition, we create a feeling of disconnectedness between our minds and our bodies.
Conventional pain medications do not take a holistic view of the person before recommending a painkiller. The type of painkiller is chosen based on whether it is a physical pain or emotional pain. It pays no attention to why you have the pain, what triggered it, how it feels, where it is located, and the specific pain you are experiencing…as well as who you are; your thoughts, your feelings, your emotions.
Homeopathy – a medicine that cares about who you are!
Are you ready for a medicine that heals you on a deeper level while alleviating and removing your pain naturally? Homeopathy does all of that!
- Will provide fast and long term pain relief as healing occurs on a deeper level, considering the root cause of the pain
- is free of the side effects of conventional pain killers
- is safe even for pregnant women, seniors, and newborns?
- can heal you from physical and emotional pain over time so you no longer need to take any further treatment
- chooses among 2000 homeopathic medicines rather than only a handful of pain medications
- chooses your individualized medicine based on an in-depth interview of two hours or more
- treats you as a unique and whole person rather than a diagnostic label
- addresses not only your specific pain, but all other physical, mental, and emotional concerns as well.
- tastes great
- needs to be taken infrequently
- actually strengthens your immune system while treating your symptoms
- is administered in doses lasting months rather than only hours
- can be taken along with and can often replace conventional pains meds, including antidepressants
- is readily available and cost effective
The next time you feel pain, either physical or emotional, you might want to listen to your own intuition about how to relieve your pain, suppressing or deep healing.
Some homeopathic remedies for headaches:
There are hundreds of possible remedies for the treatment of headaches, so the key is finding which homeopathic remedy most closely matches your symptoms. The following describes some homeopathic remedies and their characteristic symptom pictures:
Natrum muriaticum – When experiencing a headache that can be resolved with Natrum muriaticum, you may feel pressure on the eyes, making it hard to open the eyelids. You might describe the headache as bursting, throbbing, pressing, or tearing. The headache worsens with motion, laughter, and noise. You may have a dry mouth and crave cold drinks.
Belladonna – If your headaches come and go suddenly, Belladonna might help you. This type of headache is violent, throbbing, and intense with burning heat. You might be coming down with a ‘flu or cold and experience a fever with glassy, dilated pupils.
Nux vomica – When a headache is triggered by overeating, coffee, hangovers, lack of sleep, or inactivity, nux vomica may be your answer. Constipation often accompanies the headache. You will feel better if warmly covered and lying down.
Sanguinaria – This headache is associated with nausea and vomiting, and sleep will seem like the only relief. The headache is often right-sided and can be accompanied by other right-sided symptoms, such as shoulder or neck pain.
Bryonia – Intense, sharp, shooting head pain characterizes a Bryonia headache. Your scalp may feel tender to the touch and cold applications help the pain. It can occur with indigestion or liver dysfunction.
The remedies can be taken in a 30c potency or lower. You will know whether the chosen remedy is working after 1-3 doses. If no improvement after a few doses, move on to a different remedy or consult a professional homeopath. If you are having improvement with a remedy, stop dosing after improvement occur, and only resume for a few doses if symptoms return.
Use for short term (acute) pain only when self prescribing. For chronic pain a professional homeopath should be consulted for an individually prescribed remedy.
HOPE – HEALING – HOMEOPATHY
A free, no obligation,15 minute online consultation is available for any questions you may have about homeopathy for treating chronic pain.
Read more about the consultation and fees
* Remedy selection for chronic problems requires individualized homeopathic prescriptions. Please feel free to contact me to find out how we can find a remedy specific to your needs.