Homeopathy for sunburn
Even when we take all the precautions when exposing our skin to the summer sunshine, it doesn’t take much for the skin to burn, causing pain and discomfort that can last for days. Being prepared with a few homeopathic remedies can quickly help ease the pain, and promote fast healing.
- Calendula cream – Apply cream to calm and soothe the affected area. The cream can also be applied to blisters, before and after they have broken.
- Apis – Sunburn with swelling and pain feels like pricking, stinging. Sunburn with puffy swelling that looks fluid filled.
- Belladonna – This remedy has throbbing with violent heat and burning pain. The skin appears raised/swollen and can look smooth and bright red. Very sensitive to any touch and the slightest movement aggravates the pain.
- Cantharis – A remedy used for many types of burns with blistering of the skin. The pain feels raw and is better with cold application.
- Hypericum – Burns with blistering and shooting pains, nerve pain. Person feels worse from cold and movement.
- Urtica urens – Stinging burning pains and intense itching. Use topically as cream, as well as in in remedy form. Worse for cold bathing.
Cream of Urtica or Calendula can be applied to the affected area. Follow up with the best indicated remedy in the 30c potency. Take a dose every 15 to 30 minutes until improvement. If no improvement after 3-4 doses, move on to another indicated remedy.
Remember to drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
Feel free to get in touch for any questions!